Saturday, December 10, 2011

Book Interview by South Bend Book Examiner Erin Schmidt

Here is a great article by Erin Schmidt on the book.  Erin is a Saint Mary's College alumna.

Interview with artist, author and St. Mary's College alumna Cindy Ann Coldiron

, South Bend Book Examiner
December 7, 2011

Q: How long have you been writing?

A: I have always enjoyed writing and wrote in college for the Observer (Sr. Staff Reporter, SMC Day editor where I assigned stories once a week, and a copy editor). I forgot how much I enjoyed writing and while working as an artist and writing my own press releases and other marketing materials, my interest was renewed. I have only "officially" been a professional writer for a couple of years (since I came up with my first book idea and was signed my Schiffer Publishing to a three book deal).

Q: Where did you get the idea for your book?

A: I am a recycled glass artist and had been keeping logs on my kiln work (melting temperatures, differences between recycled glass-from windows and bottles and plate glass-and pretested fusible glass, etc). I began to wonder why there was not a book on the topic since there were so many other books on various art glass topics. So I began some online research and found there was no book on the topic and limited technical information on the Internet.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment